Technical Recruiter - Canada
We are a team of pioneering computer architects and computer scientists who have set out to transform the computational landscape by vastly accelerating Artificial Intelligence work. We are building a new class of server -- including a new processing ASIC -- designed for AI workloads that is 1,000 times faster than the fastest GPU. Models that take weeks to train on a GPU, train in minutes on our system. Our mission is to fundamentally change the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We believe that exceptional problems are built by exception people - top talents who want to work hard, take risks, think big, and make a positive difference in the world.
Our Recruiting team has a big impact on the growth and success at Cerebras. Last year we hired over 100 engineers from around the world including the launch of our first international engineering site in Canada and sales office in Japan. This year we will increase growth while continuing to focus relentlessly on exceptional talent. We have the privilege to work in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment alongside extraordinary problem solvers with big ambitions to change an industry.
In 2020 Cerebras launched a new engineering office in Toronto focused on accelerating our R&D efforts and establishing an AI center of excellence in Canada. With more than 25 engineers hired in 2020, we plan to triple the Toronto team in 2021. Canada is a hotbed of technology innovation, and we look forward to driving AI compute excellence throughout the province of Ontario.
This unique role is responsible for creating and executing a Canada recruiting plan working closely with Cerebras’ VP Engineering and Canada Country Manager. The role will help us grow our presence in the region and attract, hire and develop top local and international talent in high performance computing and AI.
Our downtown Toronto office is located conveniently at 150 King Street West (St. Andrews Station), in a beautiful new space.
- Lead recruiting efforts in Canada to attract and close top software, hardware and machine learning engineering and research talent.
- Execute efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, including sourcing, driving the interview and offer processes, maintaining effective communication channels with candidates.
- Work with engineering leadership on scaling strategy - headcount, salary recommendations, implementation of systems and processes to drive efficiency in hiring
- Develop local and international talent pipelines, referral programs, and candidate relationships for future opportunities.
- Build long term partnerships with Universities to ensure we attract and hire high-potential students/researchers and build strong employer brand among College (and Professor) communities.
- Long term thinker able to set strategy and execute in a rapidly changing and competitive environment.
- Full-cycle engineering recruiting experience and driving referrals with a track record that demonstrates the ability to lead recruiting efforts in a scaling organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Experience with application tracking software like Greenhouse.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to build a robust network of top talent across Canadian technical talent.
- Toronto Office