Compiler Verification Engineer
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
- Work closely with developers to validate compiler components by crafting unit, functional, and performance tests.
- Ensure good coverage of compiler components through quantitative coverage metrics, random testing, and robust test plans.
- Diagnose functional and performance issues by building up an understanding of the target workloads and underlying hardware architecture.
- Implement testing dashboards and integrate test runs with CI.
- Foster a culture of continuous process improvement.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related fields
- 3+ years of software development or QA experience
- Experience programming and/or testing in C++/C, assembly, and scripting languages
- Understand a variety of testing approaches (random, fuzz, unit, regression)
- Familiarity with compiler and computer architecture
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and rapidly evolving codebase
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts.
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch and optimizing compilers like XLA and MLIR
- Familiarity with LLVM and other compiler backends
- Formal methods experience
- Headquarters/Los Altos Office
- Remote Office
- San Diego Office
- Toronto Office