Lead Technical Program Manager (Silicon and Systems)
Cerebras is developing a radically new chip and system to dramatically accelerate deep learning applications. Our system runs training and inference workloads orders of magnitude faster than contemporary machines, fundamentally changing the way ML researchers work and pursue AI innovation.
We are innovating at every level of the stack – from chip, to microcode, to power delivery and cooling, to new algorithms and network architectures at the cutting edge of ML research. Our fully-integrated system delivers unprecedented performance because it is built from the ground up for deep learning workloads.
Cerebras is building a team of exceptional people to work together on big problems. Join us!
As a Lead Technical Program Manager at Cerebras, you will be managing the execution of several interdisciplinary teams of highly talented and motivated engineers in a fast-paced environment to solve some of the toughest problems in the rapidly evolving AI space.
In this role, you will:
- Manage technical engineering and customer-facing projects, working closely with key stakeholders in engineering and product management to develop and track release milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
- Partner closely with System Engineering, Software Engineering, Manufacturing, Product management, IT teams to define, prioritize, and implement and improve product features, datacenter infrastructure, and processes.
- Drive key aspects of program from planning, execution, test, through product launch.
- Lead cross functional project, drive and motivate the cross-functional teams to deliver the product(s) per requirements and schedule
- Regularly present project status, challenges, and program risks to the executive team
- Develop tools and processes to increase engineering efficiency.
- Manage communication of status, risks, and blockers within the core team and with senior management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated technical program management experience: task planning and management, risk assessment and mitigation. Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed program requirements at or ahead of schedule.
- Experience planning and managing programs for both internal engineering activities and external customer-facing projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: ability to influence stakeholders and execution, communicate results.
- Excellent written communication skills: experience developing and reviewing complex written technical documents is a plus.
- Experience/expertise with design, manufacturing and deployment of high performance hardware infrastructure for data centers.
- Experience with program managing NPI hardware programs for the full lifecycle
- Experience managing government-funded programs is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and priorities for multiple teams with competing deadlines and resources efficiently. Ability to manage ambiguity.
- Must be responsive, flexible and able to excel within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Good understanding of silicon, system design, and manufacturing process
- Good understanding of technical requirements for technology integration
- Exposure to machine learning, deep learning, HPC, and associated technologies is a plus
- Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management of cross-functional technical programs.
- Ability to exercise technical judgement when working with engineers.
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree
- Experience working on server hardware or machine learning products and services
- Experience driving technical program management in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Knowledge of hardware development process and life cycle
- Headquarters/Los Altos Office
- Remote Office
- San Diego Office
- Toronto Office