System Validation Engineer
Cerebras is developing the world’s first wafer-scale system. Since it was revealed in 2019, the CS-1 has continued to get favorable coverage from news outlets ranging from the Wall Street Journal to Anandtech. Further, one of our customers, Argonne National Labs, recently started applying the CS-1 to Covid-19 research. It is quite rewarding to be part of a team that works on state-of-the technology that can be applied to such an important problem.
The CS-1 is built from the ground up to accelerate deep learning in the data center. It is a complete solution for artificial intelligence compute powered by the Cerebras Wafer Scale Engine. It is programmable with the Cerebras software platform and package in an innovative system that fits directly into existing infrastructure.
Our system team is experienced and innovative. They think far outside of the box, which inevitably leads to new mechanical, thermal, and electrical challenges: nobody in the world has direct experience with our system bringup. We are therefore looking for an extraordinary individual with an outstanding track record for debugging and solving problems. This ‘MacGyver’ must have solved several unexpected problems.
As a senior member of the system team you will:
- Support bring-up of PCBs
- Determine SW requirements to test and validate unit level hardware
- Work with Embedded SW and Diagnostic teams to get testing in place and validate test coverage for unit and system level components
- Drive Electrical Verification Testing at board level
- Define sub-system and system level DVT requirements
- Drive system level DVT effort
- Drive agency certification efforts
- Experience running electrical validation testing, This requires hand’s on experience with different types of test equipment such as scopes, protocol analyzers, bode analyzers, etc…
- Experience running design validation testing and specifying and implementing 4 corner testing at unit and system level
- Experience taking accurate high speed signal measurements
- Comfort working in linux environment. Running scripts, collecting data
- Excellent written communication skills: experiencing developing test procedures and test reports required
- Excellent communication skills working in a cross-functional environement. This role will require coordination across System / Operations / Software teams to be effective.
- Excellent organization skills, particularly thoroughness collecting data, efficiently logging / archiving collected data and effectively prioritizing multiple parallel efforts
- Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently, within a team as well as across multiple teams
- Python / shell scripting experience
- Test automation experience
- System and Board Level Troubleshooting and debug
- Experience with Agency certicaition (Safety / EMI / HiPot)
- Headquarters/Los Altos Office
- Remote Office
- San Diego Office
- Toronto Office